Here’s a recipe for another avocado salad and you’ll get healthy just looking at it! This salad is great at lunchtime as it’s super easy and quick to make and the chickpeas and avocado will keep you going until dinner. The creamy dressing is made with tahini and is really moreish and delicious.
You could really add any veggies you like to this salad, I’ve served it up on a bed of baby leaf spinach but other salad mixes would work well also.
For 1 large salad you will need:
- 1/2 tin chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cucumber
- 5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon of sweetcorn
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of honey (or brown sugar)
- pinch of salt
- In a large salad bowl, add the chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn and parsley
- Bring together the dressing in a separate bowl; add the tahini, lemon juice, honey (or sugar) and salt and give everything a good stir
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together
- Place the dressed salad in the middle of a large plate
- Arrange some babyleaf spinach around the place
- Chop the avocado into slices and place on top of the salad
- Enjoy right away!