This pomegranate salsa is light and fruity but still perfect as an accompaniment to savoury dishes. It’s very easy to make and is great dipped into with tortilla chips, spooned into a pita bread with some falafel or rolled into fajitas with plenty of veg. It makes a great change to reaching for a jar of pre-made tomato salsa, and is much tastier.
Using the same amount of tomato and pomegranate in this salsa helps keep it light and makes it taste extra special. Therefore, measurements below are just a guide and your own judgement will be better!
To make this you will need
1/4 Large pomegranate
1/2 Large red onion
3 Large tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of parsley finely chopped
1 Teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Quarter the pomegranate and carefully separate the molasses in a bowl (watch out for the bright juice on clothes!)
- Dice the red onion and tomato into small equal pieces
- Finely chop the parsley
- Assemble the salsa (try to use the same amount of tomato and pomegranate, and enjoy any spare later)
- Add the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste
- Give your salsa a good stir and enjoy!